Hat-trick hero Greg Moorhouse celebrates. Photo by Maynard Collins.

BBC Sport NI – Match Highlights.

Barely a minute on the clock when Greg Moorhouse heads Glenavon in front from a cross by James Singleton!

Fra McCaffrey flicks in an equaliser for the home side after 9 minutes following a quickly taken short corner.

McCaffrey scores again from close range to put the hosts in front in the 20th minute after Glenavon are again caught napping as United take a quick free kick on the left wing.

The Sky Blues strike again on the stroke of half time to make it 3-1 at the break with Denver Gage heading in from a free kick.

Glenavon get the early reply they need in the second half, Ciaran Martyn with a trademark header, Mark Patton supplying the assist with a cross after a lay-off by Guy Bates.

He should’ve gone to BlueZone if he wants a Glenavon shirt that desperately! Photo by Maynard Collins.

Moorhouse levels the scores at 3-3 after 61 minutes with his second goal of the night, running through onto another Bates lay-off before calmly slotting past the United keeper Ross Glendinning.

Greg Moorhouse tucks the ball beyond Ross Glendinning to make it 3-3. Photo by Maynard Collins

What a man! Moorhouse completes his hat trick and puts Glenavon back in front with 13 minutes of normal time remaining. Rhys Marshall intercepted a sloppy pass across the United midfield and drove forward, slipping the ball to Bates who lifted it over the defence and Andy McGrory squared it to leave Moorhouse with a tap in for his hat trick and the winning goal.

United skipper Jim Ervin shows his displeasure with his teammates after Greg Moorhouse (20) tapped in the winner. Photo by Maynard Collins

United’s double-goal scorer Fra McCaffrey sees a red card from referee Arnie Hunter for a bad challenge on James Singleton in the 80th minute.

United’s Francis McCaffrey sees red after leaving James Singleton (L) in a heap on the ground. Photo by Maynard Collins.

Johnny Tuffey, who had pulled off a number of vital stops, was called on in stoppage time to deny Tony Kane from a well-struck volley from the edge of the box.

James Gray looked lively in his 15 minute cameo as a substitute. Photo by Maynard Collins.

What a game!

What a comeback from Glenavon!

Glenavon: Tuffey, Lindsay, Marshall, Patton, Marron, McGrory, Moorhouse, Martyn, Elebert, Singleton, Bates. Subs: Neill (Lindsay 46), Kelly, Cooper (Patton 79), O’Brien, Gray (Bates 79).

Referee: Arnold Hunter