A big thank you goes out to the Glenavon and Portadown fans at the match on Saturday for raising £424.28 for PIPS Hope and Support Metal Health and Care Charity.
Northern Ireland is a community that has been blighted by suicide over the years. In the past it has not always received the attention and resources appropriate to the challenges that these issues present. this was addressed in 2003 when PIPS Hope & Support (Public Initiative for the Prevention of Suicide and Self-harm) was formed by people whose families had been devastated by the experience of loss to suicide. It is a community-based initiative committed to building relationships and working in partnership to reduce the impact of suicide.
The aims of the group are to:
- Save lives
- Offer advice and support to those affected by suicide and self-harm
- Encourage people to seek help and reduce the stigma of suicide
- Increase the communities awareness around issues about suicide and self-harm, menatl health and trauma
- Signpost and link people to places that offer help in their area
- Provide information and training
If you would like more information on the charity, there website has a wealth of help and support. Just click on the image below