Glenavon make the trip down to the Shore Road as they face Crusaders in the twice re-scheduled league fixture between the two.

Glenavon go into the game hot off the back of a convincing derby win at home, hoping they can continue their form tonight against a side they’re unbeaten against in this season’s league campaign.

Speaking about the game, Gary is confident that if his side can mirror Saturday’s performance, tonight’s result could go either way:

“Tough game again, Crusaders, you never get it easy. They came here earlier on in the Irish Cup and turned us over 0-4 in a game I thought was harsh on us and we went down there and beat them 0-1.

“It can go either way but certainly if we get our first half performance like we did today, it gives us a chance, and if we played the way we played the last time we went down – and the way we played in the Irish Cup, even though we got beat 0-4 – it gives ourselves a chance of getting a result.

“I just want the same commitment and effort of the first half, and the last couple performances against Crusaders and then it’s in the lap of the gods because they’re a good side and it’s always going to be a 50/50 game.”

Crusaders go into the game jubilant following their 2-1 win away from home over Larne that saw claw their way to 4th in the table.

Only 6 points separate the two teams and a win for Glenavon would see them leapfrog 7th place Ballymena, who currently have a game in hand against Crusaders.



Glenavon made the trip to Seaview where they stunned the North Belfast side to defeat in yet another 1-0 win over them.

Peter Campbell was the goal scorer, putting his name on the scoresheet with just 7 minutes on the clock. There were minimal celebrations from the scorer when he bravely nodded home a Fitzpatrick cross. No sooner than Peter getting his head on the ball, he went crashing into the back post. He returned to the game shortly after.

Plenty of chances came for both sides, with the Crues in kissing distance of getting the equaliser, but Glenavon fought hard for the well-earned draw, leaving Seaview with all 3 points.



Gary will again have a full squad at his disposal for tonight’s game.



Referee: Evan Boyce

Assistant Referees: George Argyropoulos, Gavin Hegarty

Fouth Official: Christopher Morrison