Following a disappointing Cup exit, Glenavon take a drive up to Taylor’s Avenue where they face Carrick in their second bout of the season.

Facing Carrick may still be a touchy subject for some after September’s 4-0 defeat at home left many Glenavon fans wincing. The game was called off in the 75th minute after a serious injury left Lee McNulty unable to move.

The early ending left the Lurgan side with a lot to think about, inevitably avoiding a total trashing had the game gone on. Gary hopes this has stayed with the players, going into tomorrow’s fixture.

“The last time we played Carrick they embarrassed us. I know the players were hurt after that one.

“The score line was 4-0 when it was called off because of Lee, after 75 minutes. We didn’t go out switched on that day and we have to be switched on from the start.

“Hopefully the players will have that game in the back of their minds tomorrow and go out remembering that.

“We went down there a few years ago and got beat 6-2, then got beat 4-0 at home so we’ve had tough games against Carrick over the last few years. We’re not expecting to turn up and get 3 points. That’s not the case. We have to work for what we get and hopefully the boys go into it tomorrow with that mentality.”

There’s a lot to think about for both the players and the fans as we go into the game tomorrow. The Mourneview men will be after a well needed 3 points and possibly some redemption too after the last result.

You can pay at the gate – £12/£8 – and we hope to see you there.



O’Mahony returns from injury but he lacks full match fitness. Doran remains injured while McCloskey and Haughey also find their fitness, having come back from injury spells.

Campbell and Garrett remain suspended whilst Birney’s suspension period ends.



Glenavon trailed 4-0 to Carrick at home back in September.

The game was very much a one-sided affair, with Carrick commanding the majority of the game. The visitors were 2-0 up at the break and came back out exactly how they started. They fired in another 2 goals, doubling their lead by the 64th minute. However, things took a turn for the worst just after the 70-minute mark. Carrick defender Lee McNulty came down on his ankle. Unable to move or be moved, the game was halted until medical staff could bring him off the pitch.

Lee had suffered an unfortunate injury leaving the referee with no choice but to have to abandon the game. Glenavon did not dispute the decision – the result stood as a 4-0 defeat to Carrick.



Referee: Ross Dunlop

Assistant Referees: Gareth Eakin, Bogdan Sfirloaga

Fourth Official: Steven Gregg