Glenavon have two new injury concerns ahead of Saturday’s trip to Ballymena United.

The Lurgan Blues are looking to bounce back after Saturday’s defeat to Carrick Rangers, and will have been buoyed by Tuesday night’s BetMcLean League Cup win over Portstewart.

Ballymena are also looking to get their first points of the season, having suffered losses in their first two games against Warrenpoint and Glentoran – although they too won in the cup in midweek against Annagh United.

Setting out the latest team news, Gary Hamilton said, “James Singleton is struggling a wee bit with his groin, but we will decide on Saturday about whether he plays or not. We want to make sure he’s 100% because we have a lot of games coming up.

“Jack O’Mahony has a bit of a calf injury too. With the games coming up we don’t want to take risks and have anyone out for any length of time if we can help it.

“We’ll play it by ear tomorrow and see what way they are.”

Last Saturday’s 4-0 loss is still smarting and Gary believes it’s important that his players show the same level of performance that they did in the opening two games of the season against Portadown and Warrenpoint Town.

“We have to be well on it against Ballymena,” Gary added.

“We can’t play the same way we did against Carrick – it’s as poor as I’ve ever seen us play, at home especially.

“I was really disappointed after two really good performances in the first two games of the season but hopefully it’s a one off and we’ll see a reaction. We got a reaction on Tuesday in the League Cup and hopefully we’ll get another one on Saturday.

“On the flip side of that, if we play to our capabilities we can beat any team in this league, which is something I’ve said for years.

“If we can go out and perform in the manner that we know we can then we know we can get a result.”

Tickets for Saturday’s game are available by clicking here.

LAST TIME OUT: Glenavon lost at the Ballymena Showgrounds as three second half goals consigned them to defeat. Paul McElroy, a Shea McCartan header and a Kofi Balmer header did the damage for the Sky Blues, although a fine Calvin Douglas drive pulled a goal back for Glenavon.


REFEREE: Keith Kennedy

ASSISTANT REFEREE: Stephen Bell, George Argyropoulos