Coleraine come to Mourneview Park for tonight’s Danske Bank Premiership clash, having won their last six on the bounce.

Not only that, but they’re unbeaten in their last 16 Premiership games.

The title challengers are certainly in form at the moment and when you consider Glenavon have not beaten the Bannsiders in their last seven meetings, you can see why Gary Hamilton feels his side might be up against it this evening.

“Coleraine are a tough side, they’re flying at the minute. It’s going to be between Coleraine, Linfield and Glentoran for the league title,” he told Glenavon Media after Saturday’s defeat to Glentoran.

“It’s going to be a tough game – you never get an easy game against Oran Kearney’s sides. We haven’t done in recent years and we’re not expecting anything different on Tuesday night.

“We’ll assess the injury and suspension situation and then we’ll get together a team that hopefully can try and get us something from the game.”

Glenavon certainly have been struggling with injuries and suspensions, and tonight is no different.

While Colin Coates is available once again from injury and Sean Ward and Peter Campbell are back following their one-game bans, Andrew Doyle is missing through suspension while Michael O’Connor is injured.

Tonight’s game is live on for just £5 – free for season ticket holders – with former Glenavon and Coleraine goalkeeper Davy O’Hare joining the Glenavon Media team on commentary. Kick off is at 7.45pm with our coverage getting underway at 7.20pm.

LAST TIME OUT: Glenavon and Coleraine produced an eight-goal thriller at Mourneview Park on Saturday afternoon, eventually sharing the spoils in a pulsating 4-4 draw.

Any supporters who paid the £5 to watch the live stream of the game certainly got their money’s worth. As well as the eight goals, there were six yellow cards, a red card, and two penalties, not to mention a hat-trick.

The Bannsiders took the lead in the second minute when Stewart Nixon headed in Lyndon Kane’s cross, before defender Gareth McConaghie was shown a straight red card for a reckless challenge on Peter Campbell.

Ben Doherty doubled the away side’s lead on 18 minutes by taking advantage of a defensive mix-up, but Glenavon hit back to level the score with goals from Conor McCloskey and Daniel Purkis.

Doherty grabbed his second from the penalty spot in the 41st minute to hand Coleraine a 3-2 lead at the break.

Oran Kearney’s men found themselves two goals ahead for the second time when Doherty completed his hat-trick on 58 minutes.

Back came Glenavon again, however. Michael O’Connor slotted a penalty past Gareth Deane on 69 minutes to reduce the deficit, and former Coleraine striker Matthew Fitzpatrick drew the home side level in the 78th minute.

There might even have been a last-gasp winner, as the Lurgan Blues had strong penalty appeals turned down by referee Evan Boyce in the final minute of injury time when substitute Conan Byrne went down under a challenge from Stephen Lowry.


MATCH SPONSOR: McCleary & Company Ltd. Chartered Accountants




REFEREE: Steven Gregg

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Stephen Donaldson, Jamie Carnduff