Tonight’s game against Dungannon Swifts has been called off due to a frozen pitch.

A pitch inspection took place at 4pm with officials deeming the Stangmore Park surface unplayable in places.

Our next fixture is on Saturday away to Cliftonville, kick off 3pm.


IT’S as you were for Glenavon heading into tonight’s game with Dungannon Swifts (7.45pm, behind closed doors, streamed live on

The club’s trio of signings from the weekend are yet to receive their international clearance and therefore remain unavailable for the game at Stangmore Park.

With Saturday’s game at Mourneview against Glentoran being postponed, the first team squad took part in a training session, after which we asked Gary Hamilton for his thoughts on the trip to Dungannon.

“It’s going to be a tough game. I watched their game on the live stream,” he said.

“Dungannon are very quick on the break. They’re a young team with a lot of energy and a lot of pace.

“They sat in against Coleraine and hit them a couple of times on the counter attack. They could have scored a couple of goals.

“The scoreline might have been 2-0 but they made it difficult for Coleraine, and it took a wonder goal from Eoin Bradley to make it 2-0. Up until then, though, Dungannon were still in with a fighting chance.

“It’s going to be difficult but hopefully we can take our last few performances into that game, they should stand us in good stead and hopefully we will come away with a win.”

A win for Glenavon could move the Lurgan Blues back up to seventh place, while Dungannon have lost their last five outings.


Conor McCloskey missed a first-half penalty as Glenavon and Dungannon Swifts played out a 0-0 draw at Mourneview Park.

The spot-kick was awarded on 20 minutes when Swifts goalkeeper Sam Johnston upended Glenavon striker Danny Purkis, but McCloskey sent his penalty over the bar.

In a game that was played in very blustery conditions, chances were few and far between.


REFEREE: Evan Boyce

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Gareth Eakin, George Argyropoulos