Gary Hamilton makes six changes to the team that started Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Coleraine. With Rhys Marshall starting his two-game suspension, Aaron Canning comes back but starts in midfield with Andy McGrory at left back in the defence along with Caolan Marron and Andrew Doyle. They join left back James Singleton who scored the equaliser against the Bannsiders. Joel Cooper and Andrew Hall provide the width and Greg Moorhouse starts up front in place of Jordan Jenkins who drops to the bench.

Highlights and Managers’ reactions from BBC Sport NI

Photos by Maynard Collins.

28: 1-0 Burns scores from the penalty spot

33: 2-0 Haughey rises to power Quinn’s cross beyond Tuffey

44: 3-0 Smyth races on to Waterworth’s flick and fires the hosts into a 3-0 halftime lead.

Glenavon were more than holding their own until the 28th minute when Singleton’s attempted back pass went straight to Andy Waterworth and Jonny Tuffey was adjudged to have fouled the striker as he came out to cut down the angle. Aaron Burns took the spot kick and put the home side ahead in the 28th minute.

Two minutes earlier Glenavon were asking for a penalty as Paul Smyth was all over the back of Singleton as he tried to get to a ball to the far post following a corner.

Five minutes later former Glenavon defender Mark Haughey doubled the lead with a bullet header after Niall Quinn crossed to the front post after his previous corner had only been cleared back to him.

Paul Smyth made it 3-0 in the 44th minute with an assured finish as he ran onto a flick-on by Waterworth from a free kikck out by Roy Carroll.

There were no further goals in the second half but Tuffey made a great save with his boot to deny Waterworth a goal in the 64th minute and James Gray did have a header cleared off the line by Clarke from McGrory’s corner. Doyle came to Glenavon’s rescue late on when he also cleared off the line after Tuffey half-stopped Waterworth’s close range effort. Tuffey then beat away Casement’s swerving follow-up shot.

Linfield: Carroll, Haughey (Stafford 51), Callacher, Casement, Quinn, Lowry, Burns (Millar 69), Clarke, Mulgrew (c) (Ward 46), Smyth, Waterworth. Subs: Stafford, Millar, Ward, Gaynor, Strain

Glenavon: Tuffey (c), Canning, Marron, Doyle, Singleton, Hall (Norton 46), Kilmartin Patton 66), McGrory, Cooper, Gray, Moorhouse (Jenkins 66). Subs: Patton, Bates, Jenkins, Norton, Renato

Referee: Steven Taylor