New signing Renato de Vecchi gets a place on the bench, Kris Lindsay replaces Simon Kelly and Aaron Canning comes in for the suspended James Singleton. Rhys Marshall starts at left back with Canning at right back.

[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”33″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”650″ gallery_height=”500″ cycle_effect=”fade” cycle_interval=”6″ show_thumbnail_link=”1″ thumbnail_link_text=”[Show picture list]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]Photo gallery from today’s match by Alan Weir, Brian Bain and Maynard Collins.

Declan Caddell put the league leaders ahead after 13 minutes, getting on the end of a superb cross-field pass by David Cushley before slotting a shot beyond Johnny Tuffey from inside the box. The ball just cleared Marshall’s attempt to get his head on it, the bright sun perhaps a factor.

Caddell had a ‘goal’ disallowed for offside in the 37th minute.

Glenavon almost drew level in first half stoppage time. Canning’s free kick from the half-way line was headed onto the bar by Kris Lindsay and James Gray then headed the rebound onto the bar from four yards before the ball was cleared and Referee Crangle blew the half time whistle.

Renato replaced Andy Kilmartin in the 74th miute and seconds later he won a free kick and a booking for Caddell after he was hacked down as he took off down the right wing.

Six minutes of stoppage time was added and in the final minute Glenavon forced a corner, Tuffey coming up but the Crusaders defence held firm and Mr Crangle blew the full time whistle.

Glenavon: Tuffey (c), Marshall, Lindsay, Marron, Canning, Sykes, Kilmartin, Martyn, Cooper, Gray, Moorhouse. Subs: Hamilton, Patton (Cooper 60), Elebert, Bates (Gray 69), Renato (Kilmartin 74)

Crusaders: O’Neill (c), Burns, Beverland, Keane, McLean, Cushley, Carvill, Caddell, Heatley, Forsythe, Owens. Subs: Lowry (Cushley 69), Mitchell, Dougherty (GK), Suarez (Caddell 78), Clarke.

Referee: Raymond Crangle