Glenavon welcome back Kyle Neill and Kevin Braniff from injury, but Paddy McCourt fails to make the squad. Mark Sykes, Joel Cooper and Rhys Marshall are both away on international duty, with Simon Kelly dropping to the bench with Kris Lindsay coming in, along with Andy Hall.

The first chance falls to Tobermore inside the first minute when a Peter Duffin cross is headed over from six yards by Dean Stewart.

Glenavon’s first chance came on six minutes from an Andy Hall corner, but Andy Doyle misdirected his header.

They could have found the net again on eight minutes, firstly when Eoin Bradley fired wide and again when his next effort was blocked by a defender. The ball fell for Fabio O’Brien but he couldn’t capitalise.

However, they did find the net on 15 minutes. Neill fed Mark Patton down the left, and his low cross was tapped in by O’Brien from close range.

They could have added a second only for a great save from Matt McGraw in the Tobermore goal. Another Patton cross this time found Bradley, but McGraw denied the striker with a quick reaction save as the shot came in from close range.

It was 2-0 on 34 minutes, this time Patton played a long ball into the box and as McGraw came out to meet it, Hall lept in front of him and with a backwards header looped the ball over the goalkeeper and into the net.

O’Brien grabbed his third of the night on 43 minutes. Another fine Patton cross was met by the striker’s diving header, and he made no mistake.

Fabio completed his hat trick on 53 minutes, with, you’ve guessed it, Patton assisting, and it was 5-0 a minute later when Hall supplied the cross for O’Brien to bundle in his fourth of the evening. 

Tobermore almost pulled a goal back when Gary Keane rattled Jonathan Tuffey’s crossbar on 71 minutes.

On 81 minutes Guy Bates was unlucky not to bring up the half dozen as he picked up the ball from a mazy Patton run down the left wing before going on one himself, gettin himself into a good position but skewing his shot wide of the far post.

Glenavon: Tuffey, Neill, Lindsay, Kilmartin, Bradley, Hall, Patton, Doyle, McGrory, O’Brien, Braniff. Subs: Kelly, Martyn, Marron (Doyle 65), Bates (Bradley 70), Jenkins (O’Brien 65).

 Tobermore Utd: McGraw, Lamont, Harkness, Murray, Crooks, Stewart, Cabral, Gillan, N Lamont, Keane, Duffin. Subs: Batista (Cabral 49), Parkhill (Duffin 57), Tavares , Campbell (Murray 68).

Referee: Neil Robinson