1. Glenavon Fans travelling by private car to Cliftonville Football Club for the Danske Bank Irish Premiership match on Saturday 29th October 2016 are requested to park in the residential areas above Solitude off the Cliftonville Road – i.e. Cardigan Drive and Knutsford Drive etc. etc. Motorists should consider local resident and emergency vehicle access when deciding where and how to park.
Glenavon fans parking in the residential areas around Knutsford and Cardigan are requested to approach and leave the area via the Westland Road and avoid travelling city wards on the Cliftonville Road after the match to avoid traffic congestion.
2. Those travelling by Bus/ Coach should be at Fortwilliam Roundabout / M2 by 14:15 hours at the latest.
Police will meet them and advise Drivers/Clubs re arrangements for both moving to Solitude and then away from the ground at the end of the match.
3. Police are reminding fans that there are specific offences created by the Criminal Justice Act NI 2011 in relation to soccer matches:
Possession of Fireworks/ Flares etc.
Throwing Articles capable of causing injury
Going on to the Playing area
Drinking on Passenger Carrying Vehicles
4. In addition all fans are reminded that the areas around the Stadium are “No Street Drinking” zones under Belfast City Council By-Laws. Any Street drinking taking place will be dealt with and any alcohol found seized.
5. Any public indecency offences such as urinating in public will be robustly dealt with.
6. Maximum Use of CCTV/ Landrover Roof Top and Hand Held Evidence Gathering will be made both inside and outside the Stadium as part of the Police Criminal Justice Strategy in an effort to deal with any offences which come to light.
Police will take all steps to identify and deal with anyone who has been or is committing offences.
7. It is vitally important for supporter and community safety that these instructions are complied with and that the impact of the event on the local residential and business communities in minimised.
It is hoped that a common sense approach to the afternoon will be adopted and the occasion enjoyed by all.